Friday 1 January 2016

Going Places : Dubai Day 1 City Tour

Seperti yang telah dirancang dari mula, hari pertama saya di Dubai adalah city tour of Dubai City ~ The Golden City ~ Half Day City Tour provided by local tour agency, The Orient Tour. It cost me $37. A guided tour and pick-up-drop off services. Tour ni I beli sebelum ke Dubai. 

Around 10am in the morning I got called from the provider giving me details on the time of pick-up service. Very efficient and friendly. I like the fact that they took the initiative to call their client instead of us, the guest, to call them. Bravo!


With Tour Guide : Daniela from Austria

My pick-up man took me to Jumeirah Public Beach, near the Burj Al-Arab where the meeting point are located.

My impression of Jumeirah Public Beach? ..... ah... its rather difficult to say...because I come from a country almost surrounded by beautiful natural beaches....ah..oh...but nevertheless.... it's quite spectacular...by the roadside..hahahha. By the way, most of Jumeirah district are populated by expat, who resided there and opened businesses in Dubai.

Background : Burj Al-Arab

We were given 20 minutes to explored the beach and taking pictures. So, here I am ~ Taking selfies picture for remembrance and as a 'I Was Here" photo. Lols...I'm not the only one okay.....!!! everybody does. 

I purposely took the city tour as my first activity in Dubai to get more first hand insight about Dubai and for easy navigation afterwards. 

The tours cover : Jumeirah Beach, Dubai Museum entrance, Stop at Jumeirah Grand Mosque (no entree), Bur Arab District, Deira District, Free ride on Abras ~ Water Taxi from Bur Arab to Spice Market and Gold Souk in Deira and last destination and drop off at The Creek near Twin Towers.

Tips: A must do is the Abra's ride and The Creek Cruise.

 SOME PICTURES TAKEN DURING THE CITY TOURS ~ RANDOM


Inside the bus waiting for other's to get back. As always ~ there will be some that get lost in time
and making other participant restless and angry
Suggestion to guide and tour provider : take note of every participant mobile number on board so easier for them to contact them directly if things like these happen, instead of the guide calling the office - calling the guest SOP. Another 20 minutes wasted! 

This time the culprits was the Italian Trio. When they finally arrived, everybody clapping (excluded me) and says cheekily "Thank You For Coming On Time". Phewwwwwww!!!!!!


Inside Dubai Museum



Grand Jumeirah Beach













Dubai Museum
















Sorry for the low quality pictures. Mostly taken from a moving vehicle.

Somewhere in Deira





Near Grand Jumeirah Mosque






Daniela giving instruction before we board the Abra

The Abra aka Water Taxi. Only 20 pax for ride














A not to be missed Thing To Do While In Dubai

Some Beautiful View Taken During The Rides Using My Iphone6 Plus





























The Gold Souk In Deira








Next Posting ~ Dhow Cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment