Saturday 2 January 2016

Going Places: Dubai Day 2 - The Mall & Dhow Cruise

Merry Christmas everyone. My 3rd day here. I sleep more easily and feel settled. I lingered longer in bed this morning. I have no specific plan for day time but tonight I will do the Dhow Cruise along the famous Creek. 

So, what for breakfast? Of course Maggi Curry from home. Hihihi. No breakfast included in my hotel booking. I can't afford it. Too expensive for me. That's why I choose Ramada Hotel-Apartment so that I can cook my own meals...

Maggi Mee + Milo + Oats and I'm happy. 

My everyday routine ~ Taking picture at the same place. Lols... Beautiful view from my balcony... facing Dubai Fountain





12.30PM I take the free shuttle from Ramada Downtown to Dubai Mall. Yes, the first impressive scene was the famous Burj Khalifah. What a sight to behold. Very modern architecture. 

I wandered around for sometimes at Burj Khalifah Park before entering the mall - Dubai Mall with its more than 1200 shop lot and dubbed as the largest mall in the world. Phewww... Indeed it was so large that for the 3 days I spent there alone, I didn't completed the task to check every corner of the mall.

OUTSIDE DUBAI MALL







 Lets go to Dubai Mall Souk Section


The Souk Inside Dubai Mall selling jewellery and traditional clothing






Then ~ Face To Face with Galeries Lafayette but not as grand as the one in Paris




Sorry me ~ No budget to shop here

By the way, wonder why I look so made-up? Because I tried some of the cosmetic product at Sephora. It's free lols. Ha Ha Ha

Follow me






The Aquarium inside Dubai Mall



Some of the jewellery displayed





Go back to my room around 5:30PM to get ready for my Dhow Cruise.

Ready for Dhow Cruise. They promised to pick me up around 7.45PM - 8PM. The pick-up get messed-up and I end up taking hotel taxi to the venue which cost me AED60 more. 




Waiting at the lobby for the pick-up service from Rustar.




Table No 5


The 5 Stars Dhow Cruise costs me $75 which includes cruising along the creek with double decker dhow including dinner and  traditional Arabic Dance. The foods was ok and the dances also very entertaining but what I loves the most was the beautiful views of the creek during night time with its blazing lights. Just spectacular!

And the highlight of the night goes to some Nigerian Lady when she got marriage proposal and ring from her future husband to be ... On board. Congrats lady... Whoever you are.



He sang a song for her and then pop up the ring ... What a romantic gestures whilst everybody on board cheering "YES"

The cruise ended around 11PM. To compensate me for the pick-up mishap, the company offer me to show some part of Dubai during the night. Which I gladly accept.

Enjoy the pictures I took during the cruise, un-edited, using my Iphone6 plus.




The happy couple. I just inter-frame. 



Happy-Go-Lucky Me














You must know how to enjoyed yourself in any given situation.


Beautiful Dhow 






Owh...why am I alone?
Oh...dreamy eyes






























































Just amazing! It's memorable. It's Christmas and a beautiful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment